1. Place 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot with 1 to 1.5 cups of chicken broth. Sprinkle a pack of taco seasoning mix over the top of the chicken and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours ... 5 if the chicken is not completely thawed. I did not have a pack of taco seasoning mix so I made my own using this following ingredients. It is SO MUCH better than the packaged stuff.
Ingredients for taco seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Mix these ingredients together and sprinkle over the chicken in the crock pot.
2. When the chicken is cooked, remove and discard about 1/2 cup of liquid from the crock pot and shred the chicken with two forks. Next, add 1/2 cup of fat free ranch dressing to the chicken. Stir well and set crock pot to 'hold warm' until you are ready to serve the tacos.
3. Cover your tortillas with a wet napkin or cloth and warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
4. Fill the warmed tortillas with as much chicken as you like, and top the chicken with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, etc.
5. Serve with rice and re-fried beans.