- 1 lb. 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (I used a sweet red pepper because I had it on hand.
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 2/3 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough (not the thin crust variety)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet on medium high heat. When the beef is almost ready, add the onions, mushrooms, and peppers to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender.
2. Add the basil and ranch dressing mix. Stir well. Add the cream cheese and stir until it melts. Stir in the cream of mushroom soup. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Roll out the prepared pizza dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Pour the contents of the skillet along the center of the dough.
4. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese along the center of the ground beef mixture.
6. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread mozzarella cheese along center of the baked calzone. Return the calzone to oven until the cheese melts.
7. Remove from oven and let it "rest" for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with sour cream or green onion dip.