Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged

Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged
by Sherri Wear 2008

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Pinkies" With Sprinkles

I just read a recipe called Cake Batter Blondies at http://girlmeetslife.com/2010/12/cake-batter-blondies/.  It  looked so good that I decided I wanted to make it.  Guess what.  I didn't have many of the ingredients.  I decided to try what I had and make it festive for my son's Awana Cubbies class tonight at church.  Since yesterday was the first day of spring, I thought I would make them a nice springy pink color.  Of course, my son informed me that pink was for girls AFTER I had colored the batter.  Oh well ... there are many sweet little ladies in his class. 


I wasn't sure whether to call these brownies or blondies. Since they are neither brown nor blond, I settled on "Pinkies." I hope you enjoy them.

Ingredients

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of white cake mix
  • 1/4 cup of canola or vegetable oil
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 rainbow sprinkles
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 8 drops of red or pink food coloring

Jackson combining the cake mix and sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a metal bowl, combine the cake mix and the sprinkles. 

Jackson adding the beaten egg

Stir in the oil and the egg.  Add the food coloring.  "Add the milk slowly just until the batter is combined – you want it to remain as dense as possible." [http://girlmeetslife.com/2010/12/cake-batter-blondies/]

The batter is very thick!
Spread batter (I say spread because the batter is too think to pour.) into an 8x8 baking pan. 

The center will appear gooey, but it will set during the cooling period.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting.  According to the girlmeetslife blogger, the results are decadent!  I can't even think of a word to describe how wonderful they taste.   :-) I can't believe this is cake mix! I hope y'all enjoy these as much as I just did. 

Tip:  You MUST eat one while they are still warm!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment