Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged

Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged
by Sherri Wear 2008

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken "Lite" Bites

I got the idea for this recipe from Pinterest.  The original recipe can be found at Sweet Pea's Kitchen http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/09/24/buffalo-chicken-bites/.  I tried to make it a little more healthy, and I am pleased to say that the results were very good.  I hope you enjoy it!


Ingredients:

3 cups of cooked and shredded boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Franks hot wing sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
4 oz of fat-free cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of shredded 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese (I'm not ready for fat-free cheese.)
1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions
1 cup of four
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
4 cups crushed corn flakes


Directions:

  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onions.  I found out very quickly that it is easier to do this with your hands.  Just make sure you wash all the hot sauce from your fingers when you are finished!
  • Roll chicken into 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls if you are planning on using these as appetizers.  I used them as dinner, so I made larger, oblong shapes (about 2 1/2 inches long) with my chicken mixture.  Place on a baking sheet until ready to "dip and roll."


  • Place the flour in a plate. 
  • Place the egg and egg whites in a bowl and beat thoroughly.  I added salt and pepper.
  • Place the crushed corn flakes in a separate plate.


  • Dip each chicken bite into the flour and coat well.
  • Then dip each floured chicken bite into the beaten eggs.
  • Next, roll the floured and "egged" chicken bites in the crushed corn flakes.
  • Place on a separate greased baking sheet.
  • Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
  • Serve with your favorite blue cheese or ranch dip and sliced vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment