3 cups of cooked and shredded boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Franks hot wing sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing
4 oz of fat-free cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of shredded 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese (I'm not ready for fat-free cheese.)
1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions
1 cup of four
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
4 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onions. I found out very quickly that it is easier to do this with your hands. Just make sure you wash all the hot sauce from your fingers when you are finished!
- Roll chicken into 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls if you are planning on using these as appetizers. I used them as dinner, so I made larger, oblong shapes (about 2 1/2 inches long) with my chicken mixture. Place on a baking sheet until ready to "dip and roll."
- Place the flour in a plate.
- Place the egg and egg whites in a bowl and beat thoroughly. I added salt and pepper.
- Place the crushed corn flakes in a separate plate.
- Dip each chicken bite into the flour and coat well.
- Then dip each floured chicken bite into the beaten eggs.
- Next, roll the floured and "egged" chicken bites in the crushed corn flakes.
- Place on a separate greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite blue cheese or ranch dip and sliced vegetables.