Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged

Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged
by Sherri Wear 2008

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Homemade Bath Salt

I had to try making my own bath salt because I love it so much.  Also, I refuse to pay $20.00 or more for a jar of it at Bath and Body Works.

Ingredients

You will need:
  • 3/4 cup of Epsom salt
  • 1/2 cup of coarse sea salt
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • essential oils
  • food coloring (optional)

Measurements


Mix the dry ingredients well in a glass or a metal bowl.


Essential Oils


Stir in about 10 drops of your favorite essential oil.  You can use more or less according to your taste.  Stir until all the lumps are gone.


Food Coloring

Add 5 drops of food coloring. You may add more, but remember that you will be soaking in this colored salt and may not want rainbow-colored body parts.

Finished Product

The finished product should be lightly tinted by the food coloring.  You can buy coloring just for bath products at craft supply stores, but they are expensive.


Decorative Bottles

Place bath salts in decorative bottles to give as gifts.  These bottles were $.99 at Michael's.  I'm sure you can find them cheaper.  The most expensive thing about making this is the essential oil, but a little goes a REALLY long way.  I made peppermint foot soak, eucalyptus vapor bath, lemon/orange soak, and lavender/lemon stress relief soak.  I will add ribbons and tags before gifting my creations.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment