Chicken Enchiladas With Sour Cream and Green Chili Sauce
Adapted from www.pinterest.com
2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken (I cooked 3 chicken breasts in the crock pot with a sliced onion, garlic powder, cumin, and a bay leaf on low over night. I assume you could use canned chicken if you would like.)
10-12 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (I used Wal*mart brand fiesta blend)
3 TBS butter
3 TBS flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 can chopped green chilies, undrained
1 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9x13 baking pan or dish.
2. Mix 1 cup of cheese with the shredded chicken. Place several spoonfuls on each tortilla. Roll tortillas like enchiladas and place in greased pan.
3. In a boiler, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add broth and whisk until very smooth. Cook until thickened and bubbly.
5. Stir in can of chopped chilies.
6. Stir in sour cream. Do not bring back to a boil after sour cream is added.
7. Stir in salt.
8. Pour over enchiladas that you have placed in the pan.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese over enchiladas.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. You may broil for final 3 minutes to brown cheese.