Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged

Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged
by Sherri Wear 2008

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemade Cleaner

I keep seeing this "recipe" for a cleaning solution all over the internet, but each time it calls for BLUE Dawn.  I never have it because we buy the apple-scented green Dawn that eliminates odors in order to get the terrible Pediasure 'funk' out of Jackson's cups.  I decided to just go ahead and make it with my nice GREEN Dawn and just see how it worked.  The results in my shower were AWESOME.  It hasn't been that clean since David installed the thing back in 2007.  Tonight I made another batch and tried it on the kitchen sink.  WOW!!  My sink is so clean!  The picture I've loaded doesn't do my sparkling sink justice.  I am quite happy with this product and will NEVER buy soap scum remover or sink cleaner again.

My "Green" Cleaner 
  • 8 oz of white vinegar
  • 8 oz of Dawn dishwashing liquid
  • 1 plastic or glass spray bottle (I bought mine for 2 bucks at Dollar General)
I used a funnel to add the ingredients to the bottle because I am a champion at making a mess with stuff like this. 
  1. Heat the vinegar in the microwave (or on stove top) until it is very hot.  I nuked mine for 90 seconds.
  2. Pour heated vinegar into bottle.
  3. Pour Dawn into the bottle.
  4. Shake gently to mix the two ingredients.
  5. Use this mixture to clean soap scum in showers and tubs.  It can also be used on sinks, faucets, appliances, and most any surface. 
I wish this picture truly showed how clean my kitchen sink is!

No comments:

Post a Comment