Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged

Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged
by Sherri Wear 2008

Saturday, January 21, 2012

What a day!

This really should have been a better day. It is Daddy's birthday. It is the weekend. Everything was set up to be an average, but good day. But, Jackson fell flat on his face onto a concrete floor during the basketball game. We have had to watch him for signs of a concussion all day. The weather has been awful all day long. A million, well maybe not that many, people were at the pizza place when we went to lunch. I have had a headache all day which I now know has been caused by the fact that my blood pressure is sky-high. I was really beginning to feel sorry for myself and about to write this day off as one of the bad ones. Then I found out that my childhood friend's daughter seems to be losing her second battle with leukemia. That stopped me in my tracks. I was complaining about things that can be fixed while my friend was watching her child fade away just a decade after suddenly losing her mother. Two babies may never get to know their beautiful mother. A husband may never see his wife come home again. I suddenly realized that I was having a wonderful day. My child is healthy, even with the knot on his head, and my mother is alive and well (as are my father and maternal grandmother). My husband is healthy and wonderful. I can sleep in my bed tonight instead of a hospital room keeping watch over my sick child. I thank God for all the blessings I was over-looking today. You, Lord, show me Your grace and Your mercy even though I deserve neither. I pray that it is Your will to heal this beautiful young woman of this awful disease so that she can share her testimony with the world.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Very well said. Lots of prayers going up all over town for her.

    ReplyDelete