Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged

Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged
by Sherri Wear 2008

Monday, May 28, 2012

Joker Pinata

I am creating this post simply to show the photos of the pinata on which I have been working for almost a week.  Rest assured I will NEVER attempt to make another one, and, if this one falls apart in the next month, there will not be a replacement for the birthday party in July.  I have cursed, fussed, and cried over this POS, and it still looks pathetic.  Take my advice, spend the $25 for the pre-made Batman pinata!



Much like the e-trade baby from commercials, I underestimated the creepiness of this clown.




If you truly want to make a pinata, I suggest that you follow someone's pattern and instructions.  I made this up as I went along.  I made paper mache' with Mod Podge, water, and pages from an old phone book.  I applied it to three balloons I had taped together.  I can't even tell you how many layers are on the bottom section, but the top section has only 3 layers.  I used acrylic white paint.  I drew the face with Sharpie pens.  The hair is birthday streamers, and the hat is construction paper that I taped together while watching The Blind Side.  I have never been so disappointed in one of my DIY crafts.





PLEASE.....if anyone has had better luck with DIY pinatas, send me some photos.  I would love to see how one looks when it's done correctly.  Since this one is for a bunch of 5 and 6 year old kids, I'm just going to leave it as is and pray it bursts on the first hit.









No comments:

Post a Comment