Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged

Autumn In Tennessee - The Spot Where I Was Engaged
by Sherri Wear 2008

Monday, May 21, 2012

These Flip Flops Are The Bomb...Water Bomb, That Is

First of all, let me give all the credit to the blog that inspired me to make these jazzed up flops.  The idea came from http://reddoorhome.blogspot.com/2011/07/balloon-sandals.html.  I saw the idea after someone pinned it on www.pinterest.com

All you will need is a cheap pair of flip flops and a bag of about 150-175 small multi-colored balloons, a.k.a. water bombs.  I already had the flip flops that I bought at a dollar store so I'd have something to wear to the beach while at Tybee Island in Georgia.  Today, I dropped in our local Dollar General and bought 2 bags of water bomb balloons.  Those are the only supplies I needed.


  

 Stretch each balloon just a little.  Next, tie the balloons (one at a time) around the the straps of the sandals.  It doesn't matter if you start at the top or the bottom. 



I varied the way I tied each balloon.  In other words, if the open end of the balloon was on the inside of the strap on the first balloon, then the open end of the balloon was on the outside of the strap on the second balloon.  This made it easier to "fluff up" the balloons when I was finished. 





Voila!  Cute flip flops for about 5 bucks.  Old Navy often keeps its flip flops on sale for 2 to 3 dollars during the summer, especially after The Fourth of July.  Don't hate on my fat feet!  I know how badly I need a pedicure!  The cute flops help the ugly feet to look better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment