- 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 TBSP light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp each of smoked paprika, white pepper, and Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp each of cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder
- 6 oz of peach flavored cola ( I used Wal*mart peach sparkling water, but you could use Ne hi.)
Spray bottom of your crock pot with cooking spray. Place partially frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot on low with about 1/3 cup of water.
In a saucepan combine all other ingredients except the peach cola. Heat on medium until all ingredients have combined and brown sugar and honey have thoroughly melted. Slowly pour in the peach cola. Stir gently. Pour contents of saucepan over chicken in the crock pot. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, less if the chicken is thawed.
Remove cooked chicken from crock pot. Remove sauce from crock pot. Shred the chicken well with two forks. Return the chicken to the crock pot. Pour as much of the sauce as you like back in the crock pot and set on "keep warm" until ready to serve. Reserve the extra sauce in case more is needed for sandwiches. You may strain and warm the remaining sauce, thickening it as needed with cornstarch/water slurry.
Serve on buns or wrap in flour tortillas.